4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (or coconut oil)
½ cup yellow onions, diced
½ cup green onions, chopped
½ cup red bell pepper, diced
½ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
½ cup carrots, shredded
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound ground chicken (or turkey or beef)
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro
Salt and Pepper to taste
Lettuce leaves (such as Bibb), washed and dried
Additional toppings of choice: Avocado, Guacamole, Salsa, etc.
1. Heat 2 tablespoon oil of choice in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the onions, green onions, bell pepper, and carrots and cook until all are softened, about 2-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
2. While the vegetables are cooking heat another large skillet on medium heat and add one to two tablespoons of oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Crumble chicken into the pan and sprinkle with salt and chili powder. Cook the chicken without stirring until it is browned on one side, and then turn the pieces over to brown the other side.
3. At this point you can also make sure the chicken is broken into small pieces or crumbled. Once the chicken is just cooked through, stir in vegetables and sprinkle with more salt and chili powder to taste. You can also add a little ground black pepper too.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in fresh parsley or cilantro.
5. To serve place the chicken vegetable mixture into lettuce cups and serve with toppings of choice. I used avocado or guacamole and salsa. Yum!