Thank you Bobbie for sharing:)
Author: Eating Bird Food
Ingredients1/2 head cauliflower (about 2 cups riced)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
- Prep a cookie sheet or pizza stone. You can grease the cookie sheet or use parchment paper. (I used a Pampered Chef baking stone, which doesn't require any prep if it's seasoned.)
- Remove the stems and leaves from your cauliflower and chop the florets into chunks. Add to a food processor (I used my Vitamix) and pulse just until the texture is similar to rice. If you don't have a food processor or Vitamix, you can grate the cauliflower with a cheese grater or chop it.
- Sauté cauliflower "rice" in a non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook until translucent, approximately 6-8 minutes. (You can use the microwave for this as well. Just place cauliflower in an uncovered microwave-safe bowl and cook for 8 minutes.)
- In a bowl combine the cooked cauliflower with all remaining ingredients.
- Spread dough out evenly over parchment paper (or stone) - about 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch thick. The pizza should be about 9-10 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden, crispy on the edges and cooked through the middle.
- Remove the crust from the oven.
- Top with pizza sauce and toppings. Be careful not to add too many heavy toppings as you don't want to weigh down the crust.
- Broil the pizza for 5 minutes, or until the toppings are hot and the cheese is melted. Allow the pizza to cool for 2-3 minutes then cut and serve immediately.